Today I watched my daughters with their best friends. I feel so blessed with who they have chosen to be their best friends. Both my daughters have picked someone they can trust, count on, share experiences with, get into trouble with, laugh with and just be girl friends with.
My oldest daughter had her bestie sleep over last night. Today her bestie is moving just down the street from us. So Peaches went to help her bestie's family move into their new place. Of course, I already had figured that at some point I would be getting the "Mom can I sleep over?" phone call. I did. The girls came down the hill on her bestie's bike. She packed up her stuff, said a goodbye, grabbed her bike and left for her first of many overnights that will be up the street.
As she left, I knew that this is something that I'm going to need to get used to. Besties grabbing bikes and going around the neighborhood. More sleep overs as they are just down the road from each other. It's a little bittersweet, because I enjoy having Peaches around so much, but I know she is growing into that more independence phase. It's also a ton easier for me, because her bestie will go alongside with her in that independence phase and I trust both of them. They are both very good girls.
My youngest daughter, had her bestie come over today. They played hard like they always do. If the playroom downstairs is any indication of how much fun they had, they must have had a blast! They played video games, colored, jumped in the trampoline and snuggled up so cutely to watch a movie. When it was time to tuck them in, they snuggled up even closer to each other. It's completely adorable and melts my heart. They trust each other to keep each other safe.
I am truly blessed to see my daughters' friendships flourish. To have positive people in their life who care about them.May God continue to bless these friendships. May He strengthen their bonds, for life is hard and relationships can be even harder.
No comments:
Post a Comment