Today I had coffee with a friend. With the way my week has been going, it was a HUGE blessing. I've felt like I have been walking this road alone. I haven't had a friend to confide in and it made this week feel a lot harder.
I was giving my friend an update of this week. I somehow was much calmer this morning than I have been. As she was listening to me, she could hear something. I have the curse of foresight.
What do I mean by that? I have two and half years of experience with these children and the birth mother. I can see way ahead in my head how something could possibly play out (based on previous experience). If this happens, then based on previous experience, one could expect that this would then happen.
Then she calmly reminded me.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~ Matthew 6:34 (NIV)
I am not a dumb bunny. I can use logic and past experiences to have a pretty good clue about what will happen. However, I don't know for sure. It could be really different. God could change a lot of things between now and tomorrow. God is still in control. He is in control today and He is in control tomorrow. He is greater than any curve ball that will be thrown at me.
No comments:
Post a Comment