Spunky was a good dog. A very good dog. She was all sassy. She was all trouble. She was all barky and slurpie. She was my puppy girl. Her soft ears. Her tender and sometimes overzealous kisses. She was my puppy girl. She would lay on my bed and snuggle. She would cuddle up on the coach to watch tv. She was my puppy girl.
Today at the vet, I learned my puppy girl's lungs and abdomen were filling up with tumors and fluid. There was nothing the doctors could do anymore to help her. So we put her to rest. I miss her already.
So in loving memory... tonight I wish to share some of my favorite memories.
1. When we went to get Spunky from the humane society, we went because I wanted a small dog. We absolutely did not want a lab. We found her there in one of the back kennels. She was all barky and "slurpie". So we asked to see her. Well, she had us at first slurpie and we brought her home.
2. Spunky loved to make everything look like snow. If she found a kleenex box, her favorite thing to do was to take them all out of the box and shred them.
3. Spunky was a HUGE counter surfer. She once ate an entire loaf of garlic bread off the stove while I was having people sit down for dinner.
4. Spunky love going up to the cottage. She didn't like to swim so much. She would roam the water looking for fishes to catch. She could do that for hours and be happy.
5. Spunky would let me dress her up for halloween. She would also let me paint her toe nails.
6. I once got Spunky to run on a treadmill. She would do anything for peanut butter!
7. When it would snow outside, we would go out to play. I loved how she would chase around in figure eights. She got so excited.
Spunky will be missed. She was a very special puppy to me. She made me laugh and smile every day.


So sorry you had to make that choice today! What great memories you have of a great dog!
ReplyDelete