Today is really a great day. It's beautiful outside. Somehow I managed to have my chores done so there isn't much for me to do. I can just relax and enjoy the sounds that I love.
Listening to my son have a play date. They were outside bouncing on the trampoline. They were playing with water guns and water balloons. The kiddo pool was out and I heard lots of laughter as I know half of the pool water was watering the lawn.
I heard my daughter come home from her sleep over. She was super excited about all the things they had done. She went shopping and got some fancy popcorn downtown. I heard her get her bike and drive up the road to get her best friend.
I heard my other daughter return home. She was full of joy and excitement. Even though she had earned 1st place on Bars at her gymnastics meet, she was much more excited that Dad took her to get spicy chicken wings to celebrate! (Just a reminder that family is the best prize of all!)
Now as I type this, I am still listening to the sounds of happy kiddos, playing and splashing around. Enjoying being kiddos and enjoying being together.
No comments:
Post a Comment