So if today would be a song, I would be thinking the 12 days of Christmas. But the words wouldn't be the same. It would be something like "On my 9th anniversary, my true love gave to me... 4 medical appointments, 3 sick roommates, 2 medications and 1 very cranky home...".
My morning never really started. It was a continuation of being at the ER since 10 PM the previous evening. I really do not understand why it must always take a minimum of 5 hours at the ER to be discharged. (If you are the lucky person who told me that they got out in under 4, you need not to comment.) Due to the rules of Fostercare land, I cannot really share why I was at the ER. I assure you, it wasn't a severe thing. Someone just needed help being "more comfortable" with their coughing. We did not get home until nearly 3:30am. I tucked my sweet kiddo in bed. It was a very adorable moment. Then I had to eat something, because being up so late you just get weird cravings. So I finally got to bed about 4am.
Needless to say that 6:30am came just a little early for me. I started organizing the troops to get them to school (minus my ER buddy). My lovely hubby took the oldest to school early for her choir practice. Bless them for trying to make it on time. I have since switched the clocks to run 5 minutes faster in my kitchen. It's like my kitchen now has it's own time zone. (Just an FYI in case you are visiting). Then I finished getting my other child ready for school (and of course we were still running behind) and rushed to the school to make the final drop off.
So then it was just me and my buddy. We were both exhausted and ready to nap. About an hour into our nap, the doorbell rings. I seriously thought I was in some weird dream. Sure enough, it was my friend dropping off some face wash and lotion that I had ordered. We had a quick chat and then we went back to our regularly scheduled nap. About another hour later, it was the school calling to say that I had to pick up another sick child. Crazy, right?
The rest of my afternoon was filled with just all fun and excitement. I had three medical appointments, plus medications to pick up. I also finally decided I should cook that Mexican Lasagna that I had meant to on Sunday. The hubby also is sick with a fever and cough. He was so out of it tonight, but managed to get me a mushy anniversary card. I had a tween who was not willing to accept any help with her math homework and was very moody. Not to mention, as I write this I have both girls awake because of nightmares.
Happy Anniversary right? Actually... as "off" as my day was today, I really am thankful. I am so blessed to have Peter in my life. Many who known us, know that we dated when I was in high school. We broke up once I got to college. It wasn't a pretty breakup. Somehow we found ourselves together again. I remember how some "friends" said that Peter and I wouldn't last. I remember how they thought we were foolish.
I am still very much in love with my best friend. I am blessed to have him put up with me on all my "off" days. He loves me so much and has given me so much. He has always supported me. He lifts me up and is always there for me. He has been a great father to our kiddos and is involved in their life. He is patient, nuturing, kind and gentle. He is an amazing man.
No comments:
Post a Comment