It was one of those days at church this morning where everything was perfect. The girls went with me to church and wanted to be in the "big church" with me during worship. Princess was being so adorable and cute. Peach was in a good mood. The worship music was just so spot on for what I needed to be lifting up to God. It was a great Sunday morning.
We sang the Lord's Prayer this morning. It just really hit me as to how the words are so applicable to life, especially my life as a foster parent.
Our Father, Who Art in Heaven
Hallowed be, Thy Name
What a blessing it is to call the creator "My Father". How blessed am I that He gave His only Son to die on the cross for me. How holy is He? He is not only "My Father" but He is my children's Heavenly Father. He loves them more that I can ever. They are so precious in His sight, and His promises are for them too.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be Done
On earth, as it is, in Heaven
God is on His throne. He is King of Kings. As a foster parent, I need to pray for His will to be done. Sometimes that it so hard because the children that we are blessed to have in our homes are so special to us. Sometimes it isn't so cut and dry as to what His will is. I need to be doing things in God's way instead my selfish way. I have to be trusting that He is working for my good and the good of my children.
Give us this day, our daily bread
I am trusting that God will give me my daily allowance and provide for me and my family. I am trusting that God will greet me each morning and give me the strength to face each day. There are many days that seem so trying and Foster Care land gets so crazy. But I know that I do not face it alone. God is with me and He has given me friends to help me.
And forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us
I am not perfect. I am not a perfect parent. There are days where I just get it wrong. The I should have done... I wish I would have done... I missed this opportunity... I pray that God can forgive me and help me to be a better mom. I pray that I can set a good example and teach them about His love and grace. I ask for the strength to forgive others when they attack me and criticize me. I hope that I can forgive easier instead of holding on to the pain that they have caused me.
And lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil
It may be tempting to try to take things into my own hands. I pray that I can continue to trust God. If my plans don't work out... I know that it wasn't His plans. I pray that I could seek out His plans for me, to trust him. I pray that I am not shallowed by accusations or by criticism or easily angered.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory forever
God has all the power. Everything will turn out according to His plan and for His glory.
Amen
I think you wrote this one just for me. The words are perfect. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThat could be every parent's prayer. The Lord's Prayer is one of my favorite songs, too. Thanks for expanding it!
ReplyDelete