Our house should just be quarantined. You know, like that scene in ET. Where nothing is supposed to get in or out. My adorable hubby (which I can call him that as he probably won't read this) has been sick since Wednesday. He has had a fever and cough and some other non-pleasant experiences. He also has made a trip to the urgent care, only to return with "glorified cough medicine". The twins have also been sick with similar issues. I'm starting to feel a sore throat coming on and "big sis" has a low grade fever tonight when I tucked her into bed.
We had a fantastic weekend being sick together. Although, us two "healthy ones" were waiting for the illness to catch up to us. We watched so many movies and played video games. The kids had a sleep over in the family room too. We made the best out of a not so perfect situation. I even managed to get caught up with laundry and make my house all shiny clean.
It just has me thinking, what exactly is the best part of parenting? I'm not sure that I can answer that. I do know that there are lots of things to enjoy. Things that I might not have even thought I'd enjoy, I am enjoying. Maybe waiting to be a parent for so long has jaded me. Maybe it has just given me a different perspective. Everything is a blessing. It is a blessing to me to have the opportunity to care for three awesome children in the good times and the bad times. It is a blessing to me to love them. It is a blessing to me to run to the store and buy more kleenex and juice. It is truly a blessing.
So tonight, when you are all tired and exhausted.... just remember parents: God choose these children just for you. No matter your day, they are His blessing to you.
Amen.
ReplyDelete