Tuesday, October 26, 2010

An Important Coffee Meeting

Yesterday was a typical Monday. It was getting the kiddos up and ready for another day of school. I knew that I would have more stress in my day then what is typically normal. I dropped the kids off at school and decided to go get some coffee at my favorite cafe. I made a posting on Facebook to see if any of my friends would want to join me. The few people that did respond were already busy for the morning.

I choose to go anyway, by myself. I got a little breakfast and a tasty pumpkin spice latte. I got a little more than breakfast and coffee. I wasn't alone. As I was listening to music and reading scripture, God met me in the coffee shop. He had a very intimate conversation with me. I could pour out where I have fallen short in my walk with Him. I can see what He wants to deliver me from. I could see what I needed to be reminded of. As I pour out random thoughts on a piece of paper, it was indescribable.

To live by the Spirit we need to walk IN STEP with the Spirit. I was lacking the fruits of the Spirit. He met me there to renew me. He will keep running after us. It's a matter of if we will stop and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment