Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Change of Seasons

Somehow, I just don't recall having relocating to the south. But here we are in Wisconsin with 90 to 100 degree temperature.  I will tell you right now, my ideal temperature range is from 68 degrees up to about 74 degrees.  I know, a whole six degree window.  Since it's about 20 degrees hotter than that... I'm really melting.  It has also made me really appreciate the change of seasons.

With all of these heat, I've noticed that everyone is just crankier than they normally might be. Children are more whiny than they might be. Moms are more tired than the might me.  My poor puppy even looks more pathetic that she normally might look. 

These dry and hot conditions. These conditions are wearing away at our beings. Making others short tempered. I can't tell you how many "cranky" drivers I've come across on the roads lately!  As the conditions continue, our attitudes continue this downward decline. We need rain.We need a "cooling off".

It's no wonder that fall follows summer. The cool brisk air is refreshing after the hot and humid air of summer. The rain replenishes the land before winter sets in. 

A change of seasons...

No comments:

Post a Comment