Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thankful for being an Auntie!

Jonah born 11-02-2010


Today I am most thankful that I am a new Auntie to Jonah. He was born at 2:41am this morning. Both baby and momma are doing well. It is a remarkable thing to see my sister-in-law up and about already. She looked renewed and refreshed even though she hadn't even slept yet!  My newest nephew is super adorable. I can't wait to see all the great things that he will accomplish.

My kiddos woke up super excited to see the text message that I had received announcing Jonah's arrival. My little man asked, "Who is that?".  I told him that it was baby Jonah. His reply was "Is he out then?". I couldn't help but chuckle cause how else would they get that fabulous picture?  Princess was super excited about her cousin. She was disappointed that she couldn't leave that every moment to go meet him. She even was upset that she had to go to school. Peaches was also very happy. She wanted to take the information to school to share at her morning meeting with her classmates. So all the kiddos took a picture of their cousin to school today. They were so happy and excited. We even had a celebration breakfast in his honor.

My kiddos even got to leave school a tad early to go meet their new cousin. All of them thought he was so adorable and loved his tiny toes. They loved being able to hold their cousin too. It was a great experience for them.

It did get me thinking. I don't know if I will ever experience labor pains. However, if I continue to foster with the  hopes of adopting... I think I am just exchanging one type of pain for another. I am thankful for it though. I am thankful to have the children that I have right now. I enjoy being able to love them for them and am able to treasure the moments together. I know that I may not have them as my own, but I can love them as if they were. They are amazing children.

No comments:

Post a Comment