I used to be a glass half full kind of person. I think that I used to think of things in a much more negative light. I rarely had hope that things would get better. I often found myself depressed and lonely. I was angry at a lot of things.
I am not that person anymore, through the Grace of God alone. I can see the blessings in things, even the not so good things. To me, that has been one of the huge life changing things for me. It isn't something that I could have done on my own. God has overwhelming been good and faithful to me. He has blessed me beyond what I could possibly deserve or have dreamt of. I think of all the blessings that I have, and suddenly the "icky" or "sticky" parts of life just don't seem that bad. I know that something good will come of each circumstance.
Right now, I am home with pneumonia. God has effectively slowed me down and is getting me to rest. It's still hard to relax when I see laundry and cleaning that I want to do. (My real sickness, according to my hubby, is the desire to clean when I'm sick!) I have time to be in His word. I have been able to catch up with some dear friends on the phone. I love that last night my princess read ME the bedtime story. Yes, I have been blessed with pneumonia.
I also have been blessed with amazing friends and family who have been helping me while I get better. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Your love and support has touched me and blessed me.
As I grow near to the holidays, I cannot help but think how content I am. I am more than content. I am blessed. I encourage all to look for those blessings in disguise. They might not come in the pretty package that you are looking for, but it is really all good.
"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."
~Phil 4:11-12
#1. Your hubby is right.
ReplyDelete#2. I'm proud of you.