Monday, June 17, 2013

Giveth and Taketh Away

 Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship. He said,“I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord!” In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God. ~ Job 1:20-22 (NLT)

The Lord gives. The Lord can take away.  

I've been reflecting on my journey as a foster parent hoping to adopt.  A decade of waiting. A decade of longing.  A decade of waiting on God. Even having a placement, I know that anything could still get in the way of being able to have these children adopted into our family.  It's only God's grace and His plan that has enabled us to stay a family of 5. 

Along the journey, I've had a lot of people come and go from my life. Looking back at those relationships, I can somehow understand why they were meant to be there.  I can understand why they also had to leave.  I still feel there footprints on my heart and the memories that I will always hold dear.  This journey has been in so many different phases. With the different phases, God has placed different supports near me.  

Sometimes the path seems lonely.  But I think that is so we don't lean on others so much.  There must be a leaning and trusting of God.  It's those parts where I know God carried me forward.  Cause He understands the pain, hurt, the wanting, and all the other feelings going on inside me.  I am thankful to have a God who is with me in the quiet. I am thankful He can carry me when I am weak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment