Thursday, April 26, 2012

Storms of Life

Every year, I hope that next year will be better than the next.  I'm always hoping that I will have just that one year that is exceptional, is great and amazing.  The year that will make up for the other years of turmoil, craziness, busyness, and other unpleasant things.   I've hoped for that "one year" so much that in the 2000 - 2010 years, I just started hoping for a new decade instead of a new year.

It isn't about a new year. It isn't about a new decade.

Test after test that I have been put through, God graciously carries me through the storms. Even if maybe several storms are brewing out in the skies at one time, He will carry me through them. Each one placed on my life path for a purpose. Each one with a lesson that I can learn and cherish.

God will continue to shape and mold me.  He wants me to be free of my fears. He wants me to be free of my worries. He wants me to be free of my anxiety. So, test after test, is there. To show me. To love on me. To shape me into a person who can lean on Him. To accept His protection during the storms of my life.

I am thankful that He hasn't given up on me yet. I am thankful that He continues to come after my heart to let go of these "poisons" (fear, worry, anxiety).

I know He isn't finished with me yet. I am a piece of His work.  I will choose to praise Him during the storms of my life and thank Him for being with me.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment