Happy Mother's Day!
My morning, I woke up and guess what? I was still the mom. Yep. I did some laundry and dishes. I even managed to stick a pot roast into the slow cooker, all before anyone even woke up! I was rewarded though, cause as the troops got up to make me breakfast, I got an UNINTERRUPTED shower! That's right, no one bothered me about anything. I didn't have to shout from the bathroom "BEHAVE" or "WHAT ARE WE DOING OUT THERE?". Pure bliss.
I enjoyed my special breakfast with the family. The kids were bursting at the seems with excitement over my opening their special gifts. I received many cute cards. I also was given a nice recipe book (although the first graders that wrote these recipes never went to any culinary school....) I also received a nice poem book from my oldest daughter. She wrote so beautifully and my favorite was about the sun becoming hers.
I had one thing to share with my family. I played the audio to the following video clip.
I asked them how many of these things they have heard me say. My little princess said, "All I heard was bluh, bluh, bluh, bluh". I think that is what she hears when I say those things. I was laughing so hard. It seems so honest and truthful.
To be serious though, I love being a mom. It didn't happen the "natural" way. It happened all in God's plan. I had only a vision of having a family. I had a vision that someday I would have three children. I just didn't have the same path in mind as God. Wouldn't you know, I wouldn't change a thing? These three children have my heart wrapped around their little fingers. I love their laughter. I love when they play. I love when they sing and dance. I love when they have that very happy look on their faces as they drift into sleep. I love singing lullabies to them and snuggling before bed. I love movies nights. I love just being with them.
I love being a mom and I so appreciate everything that I am able to do for these three wonderful children, whom I love.
No comments:
Post a Comment