Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Birthday, Courthouse and the Zoo

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband. He is just been so supportive of everything that our family goes through. He loves his family and is such a dedicated man. He often will put himself last just to make sure the rest of us are happy and content. Today has been no exception. I know that he has been enjoying the day off of work, but to spend his day off inside a court house?  Yeah, he's that amazing.

We were supposed to discuss getting important paperwork signed today and changes to visitation. All of which never happened. There were some other things that were supposed to happen as well. Here we waited an hour to be seen by the judge for only a 5 minute court hearing. Really?  Yeah. All we did was sent up the next 1 1/2 hour court hearing in August.

The system is broken. Think about how the tax payers basically paid the caseworker for 1 hour of her time to sit and wait to set up a court hearing. I know she is super busy and could have used that time more productively.  Although, it was nice to sit and catch up. I could update her on the kiddos.

And then she updated me with her changes... She's leaving "the bureau". It's a hard one to take. Will the next caseworker be slacked? Will the next caseworker be on the ball?  Will things start slipping the other direction? Will we get stalled out?  Yeah, I can't really allow my mind to wonder to all those questions. I will go crazy. Not to mention that I will drive the birthday boy crazy!

So, we left court at court. We ended up then going to the zoo for a little bit and just walked around. The weather was amazing. It was just beautiful outside. We both loved watching the fish. We were trying to identify all of them.  The polar bear was out and playing in the water too. It was nice to just be the two of us. (yes, to my friend who is reading this -- the zoo was very mellow today. Completely PG!)

Now we wait for our precious children to come home to us. Finish up some homework and celebrate his birthday.  Did someone mention... Root Beer Floats?

No comments:

Post a Comment