Last night I was more or less, "hit in the face" with the fact that I'm carrying a lot of junk around. I'm dealing with many situations, the uncomfortable heat of the summer, being a momma that has been fully thrown into motherhood, and unresolved fears and disappointments. Needless to say, it doesn't work too well to have a peaceful and calm heart.
What amazes me throughout everything, is how God remains faithful and how He continues to nudge me. He holds me up instead of allowing me to just throw in the towel. This past weekend, we visited a new church. It was refreshing to have a more "simple" service. The worship was beautiful and didn't need the bells and whistles to distract me. I was able to just give what was in my heart. God is beautiful and He is wonderful.
I enjoyed the pastor's sermon. He was so very passionate and willing to share personal experience. He was full of life and joy and yet he had a sincere message. He had talked about our calling.We are all called. I have been called to serve my family. To serve in the broken world of foster care. I know that God wants to use me to further His Kingdom. I just need to be prayerful and listen to what that will is.
I need a time of revival. A time of renewing myself with the Lord. I need to search Him because I cannot do this thing called life without Him. Just because I came to the cross once and accepted Him, doesn't mean that I'm not going to continuing falling down at His feet. It is an acceptance that my illusion of control is just that. A smoke and mirrors trick that makes me feel better. What I need is the Rock and the trust of His shelter. I know that He has promised to work for my good and the good of each member of my family. What I can't take care of, God (you know, that awesome being who aligned all the planets and stars in the sky), certainly can handle it.
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11 (GW)
No comments:
Post a Comment